Borax Pentahydrate 99.9% Technical Grade, granular. High purity and concentration, Available in small or large packaging.
Grade: Technical; Formula: Na2B4O7. 5 H2O
Borax, also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid. Powdered borax is white, consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water.
Uses: Heat-resistant glass; porcelain enamel; detergents; fertilizers’ leather; photography; bleaches; paint; laboratory reagent.
Toxic by inhalation, noncombustible
- Borax can inhibit the growth of wood-damaging fungi and help to protect wood products against pests. That means wood treated with Borax can be used in construction in areas that would otherwise be off limits because of rot or termites.
- The fire-retardant capabilities of borax products make them a perfect choice for housing and wiring insulation.
- Ultra-high strength steel, made with borax, is much harder than other metals and makes cars lighter and less vulnerable to corrosion.
- Borax used in the production of ceramic frits help to create robust glazes and enamels, for longer-lasting tiles, roofs, silos, appliances, and more.
- Boron is an essential nutrient for crop growth. Boron supplementation can enable farmers to increase crop yield and quality, which can help to reduce bottom-line food costs.
- Borax is used as flux for soldering and welding (including forge welding and welding electrodes)
Cannot be used in food applications and are labeled accordingly. Therefore, Borate products shall not be used as food additives or preservatives.
Cannot be used as human nutritional or mineral supplements.
Is not intended for carpet/upholstery applications and shall not be used for carpet/upholstery deodorization or flea control purposes.
|B2O3||37.74||48.6 to 49.3||%|
|Chloride as Cl||0.00460||0 to 0.0120||%|
|Fe||0.00032||0 to 0.0010||%|
|Na2B4O7. 5 H2O||102.6||101.671 to 103.136||%|
|Na2O||21.8||21.627 to 21.939||%|
|Sulfate as SO4||0.00730||0 to 0.010||%|
|8 mesh||0.0||0 to 1.0||%|