Build an electromagnet, an electrical catapult, a doorbell chime, a telegraph, an electromagnetic relay and more with this electromagnetism science set.
Materials in this kit include:
- Enameled copper wire (Magnet Wire 28 AWG: Spool of 100 feet)
- Battery Holder (Mounts and connects 2 C size 1.5 volt batteries to produce 3 volts)
- Large Nail (10d 3”) to be used as the core of the electromagnet
- Iron Filings (Small Bag or bottle) to reveal the direction of magnetic lines formed by electromagnet
- Wood Block (150 x 62mm) with pilot holes as a base to make a telegraph station
- Key strip: as a switch to form electrical contact (50 x 12mm)
- Armature: Large Z shaped metal strip (150mm x 12mm)
- Magnetic Compass for testing the poles of electromagnet
- Sandpaper (5 cm x 7 cm) for removing the insulating enamel from the ends of the copper wire
Some experiments may require more of the materials listed above (available in standard or advanced kits)
Class packs are not individually packed. For example in class pack of 10 you will receive 10 of each of the materials.