This kit is the simplest version of demonstrating magnet levitation. This neat phenomenon demonstrates the very important characteristics of magnets.
Available with color painted magnets or black painted magnets.
Class packs include all materials for 10 kits.
Instructions are available online at:
This kit includes six colored ceramic ring magnets, matching wood dowel and a wood plaque as the base board.
Floating rings can be used as a science project for various ages or grades. You can ask questions that can be the subject of research, propose a hypothesis and perform experiments to test your hypothesis.
When you assemble the kit, you will have 6 floating magnets, maintaining their balance with the wood dowel. Some of the questions that can also be the subject of a science project are:
- How much force is required to push two magnets together?
- How much force is required to force all 6 magnets together?
- How long is the maximum distance of magnets from each other?
- Can a floating magnet ring set be used as a spring scale?
- What will be the maximum weight that a magnetic spring scale can measure?
- What is the accuracy of a magnetic spring scale?