Pentalyn® H is a hard, pale amber, thermoplastic resin designed primarily as a tackifying resin for various types of polymer and elastomer based adhesives. It is a pentaerythritol ester of wood rosin that has been stabilized by hydrogenation. In finished products, it contributes improved resistance to oxidation, greater heat stability, better retention of color, and greater retention of tack imparting properties than ordinary rosin esters.
- Tackifier in pressure-sensitive adhesives needing heat, light, oxidation, and moisture resistance
- Readily formulated into solvent and hot-melt type adhesives
- Tackifier for natural rubber, neoprene and SBR latex based adhesives
- Also used in the following products: lubricants and greases, coating products, adhesives and sealants, anti-freeze products, biocides (e.g. disinfectants, pest control products), fillers, putties, plasters, modelling clay, finger paints and polishes and waxes.
- Persistently adhesive
- Resistant to oxidation
- Resists aging
- High Bonding strength
- Dispersible in aqueous media