Natural Dammar Gum Resin Crystals
Natural Dammar Gum Resin is a type of resin that is obtained from Shorea trees in Indonesia (Sumatra). It comes in the form of white to yellowish translucent crystals, globular or pear-shaped granules, irregular fragments, or stalactite masses. Grade AA consists of larger pieces of 2 to 5 centimeters. Grade A consists of pieces of 1/2 cm to 5 cm, as well as 5% resin powder. Grade B particles are mainly smaller than 1 cm and include about 20% powdered resin. Dammar gum resin is used in the manufacture of incense, varnishes, and other products. It is also commonly used in oil painting, both during the painting process and after the painting is finished. Dammar crystals are also dissolved in molten paraffin wax to make batik, to prevent the wax from cracking when it is drawn onto silk or rayon. Dammar resins were often used in the past to caulk ships, frequently together with pitch or bitumen.
- Obtained from Shorea trees in Indonesia (Sumatra)
- Used in the manufacture of incense, varnishes, and paints
- Dissolved in molten paraffin wax to make batik
- Used in oil painting to enhance the quality of the paint
- Grade AA consists of larger pieces of 2 to 5 centimeters
- Grade A consists of 1/2 cm to 5 cm pieces as well as about 5% resin powder
- Grade B particles are mainly smaller than 1 cm and include about 20% powdered resin
|Form||White to yellowish-white translucent crystals|
|Grade AA||Larger pieces of 2 to 5 centimeters|
|Grade A||1/2 cm to 5 cm pieces and 5% resin powder|
|Grade B||Particles mainly smaller than 1 cm and 20% powdered resin|
|Common uses||Manufacture of incense, varnishes, and paints; dissolved in molten paraffin wax to make batik; used in oil painting to enhance the quality of the paint|
- Sandalwood Powder
- Frankincense Resin
- Myrrh Resin
- Amber Resin
- Benzoin Resin
Note: These are similar products, and each product is different, so research is required to find the best fit for your needs.
Perfect for: Artists, artisans, and individuals interested in natural products.